The Fabienne Colas Foundation wants to continue to leverage the power of the arts for true positive social change, cultural diversity in Canada and elsewhere, community building and economic impact. Together with the great support of our partners, the arts community and the general public, we conduct the following actions :
- Propose festivals in Montreal, Toronto and Port-au-Prince, as well as programs and events all year long, which so far have presented the work and performance of nearly 2,000 artists from around the world and attracted, directly and indirectly, nearly 600,000 people.
- Promote and celebrate diversity through the arts by showcasing powerful and entertaining films from around the globe, as well as concerts, plays, exhibitions, shows, etc. in Canada and elsewhere.
- Invite renowned artists to come and meet the public and local artists, such as Harry Belafonte, Spike Lee, Souleymane Cissé, Moussa Touré, Danny Glover, Dany Laferrière, Stedman Graham, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Manno Charlemagne, Ti-Corn and many others to share, inspire, educate and raise awareness through master classes, workshops, lectures, performances and discussions.
- Support emerging artists by helping in the creation of their works and mentoring them throughout their creative process.
- Broaden participation and engagement in arts and culture by having more people participating and engaged in our festivals and activities throughout the year, especially those who would not otherwise have access.
- Foster and strengthen the capacity, vibrancy and growth of the artistic community by supporting education in the arts through workshops, lectures/discussions, a mentoring program, a program for creating, artists grants and meetings with professional in the industry.
- Build bridges through the arts and create a place for interculturalism where people of all ages, backgrounds and ethnicities can celebrate together, connect, share, discover and network because “getting to know each other better leads to greater understanding.
This post is also available in: French