Being Black In Canada Manager
The Fabienne Colas Foundation is searching for a Manager for its’ Being Black in Canada (BBIC) program, the largest filmmaking training, mentorship, and creation program in Canada exclusively for emerging Black filmmakers.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE FABIENNE COLAS FOUNDATION
The Fabienne Colas Foundation (FCF) is a non-profit arts organization. FCF’s mission is to advance arts education and to support the creation, production, promotion, and distribution of film, arts, and culture throughout Canada and abroad. The FCF organizes the professional training program for emerging Black filmmakers called Being Black In Canada, as well as 12 annual arts and cultural festivals: Montreal International Black Film Festival, Toronto Black Film Festival, Haiti en Folie Festival in Montreal & New York City, Fade to Black Festival in Montreal, Quebec Film Festival in Haiti, Halifax Black Film Festival, the Halifax Black Summer Festival, the Calgary Black Film Festival, the Ottawa Black Film Festival, The Vancouver Black Film Festival and the Salvador Black Film Festival. The FCF positions itself as a space for discussion of the major current artistic, cultural, social, and social-economic issues of our time. For more details, please visit: www.fondationfabiennecolas.org
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE BBIC PROGRAM
Participants are given technical training from industry professionals while they develop, shoot, and post-produce a short 10-minute documentary, receiving mentorship and the opportunity to build industry connections throughout the process.
The participants then travel to FCF Black film festivals in Canada to premiere their documentaries. In 2022 BBIC will take place in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and Halifax.
SEE BBIC HERE Being Black In Canada
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROGRAM MANAGER
- Manage all operations workflow, quality, and schedule adherence
- Develop ideas for process improvements
- Ensure product quality
- Curriculum identification and development
- Work with numerous teams to make sure film production processes are implemented and operated efficiently
- Setting ambitious production goals and communicating them to key personnel
- Providing motivation and support and guidance to team
- Communicating any problems or obstacles to the executive
- Work with numerous film production teams, acting as a liaison between internal and external partners
- Estimating and negotiating budgets
- Help plan and facilitate candidate selection and training
- Oversee the entire coordination of pre-production, production and post-production for all BBIC cities, including hiring and dismissals of people for various teams.
- Any other tasks that will be requested in relation to the progress of the program, as well as other work and projects within the ecosystem
- 10+ years experience in Project Management with experience in Film & TV industry
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in training and education in the Film & TV industry
- Essential to have strong Operations and Budget Management abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Resourcefulness and the ability to deal with the unexpected
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and facilitate decision making
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Key personality traits: versatility, rigor, autonomy, dynamism, team spirit, initiative, and motivation
- Ability to have a long-term vision
- Demonstrable proficiency of Microsoft Suites and Google Docs
- Must be a Canadian Citizen
Hours: Full Time- Work remotely
Salary: Depending on experience
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your CV and cover letter as a single document by emailing to: email@example.com with the subject line: “Application for Being Black In Canada Manager” | Being Black In Canada.”
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.