ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Fabienne Colas Foundation (FFC) is growing and is looking to strengthen its management team, particularly in the area of financial management.
With its 11 festivals in Canada, the United States, Brazil and Haiti, and its Being Black in Canada program, an incubator for Black filmmakers to make their first short film, the FFC is now considered the largest organization dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in film, art and culture in Canada.
The successful candidate will be able to grow both professionally and personally in a dynamic work environment with a small and open team. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in all the arts and in film, in front of and behind the camera, and to showcasing films about the realities of Black people around the world.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the authority of the Executive Director and in close collaboration with all team members, the person hired will attend and actively participate in team meetings and, if required, in various committees. In addition, he/she will be responsible for:
- Bank reconciliation of all accounts;
- Billing (management of accounts payable and receivable);
- Payment of employee salaries and freelance fees and verification and reimbursement of their expense accounts;
- Follow-up of expenses related to the implementation of the Foundation’s various projects and activities;
- Monitoring the collection of various grants;
- Follow-up of the cash flow;
- Depositing checks and preparing bank transfers;
- Petty cash management;
- Updating the inventory and ordering office supplies;
- Drafting of various administrative documents;
- Development of the budget for each of the FFC’s activities, in collaboration with the various managers;
- Preparation of the annual accounting audit;
- All related tasks associated with the position.
- University degree or college diploma demonstrating courses relevant to the job;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Proficiency in the Office suite or its equivalent and a wide range of software, particularly in accounting;
- Bilingualism, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent work organization skills;
- Ability to manage time and priorities;
- Ability to manage several files at the same time;
- Ability to manage several files at the same time; High degree of autonomy, versatility and adaptability;
- Rigor, integrity, diplomacy and good judgment;
- Ability to work under pressure (good stress management);
- Attention to detail.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected will be contacted. Please submit your resume and cover letter in a single document by email to: email@example.com with the subject line: “Accounting Administrator Application.
- Salary: to be discussed according to experience;
- Type of employment: part-time (20-25 hours per week) – Remote work;
- Four-month probation period;
- Occasional availability on evenings and weekends.